|Brown Rice and Sweet Potato Recipe |
Brown Rice and Sweet Potato
This is one of our favorite family dishes. It is delicious and nutritious, too!. -Adele
Serves a family of four or five.
(1) Wash a sweet potato thoroughly with a sponge, or scrub it with a brush. Please do not peel the skins as they contain a lot of nutrients.
(2) Cut the sweet potato into small cubes.
(3) Put 1 cup of whole grain brown rice, a cup of sweet potato cubes and a little over 2 cups of water in a rice cooker.
(4) Cook them for about 20 to 25 minutes. The rice cooker will switch to the “keep warm” mode when the rice and sweet potato are ready.
(5) Serve the brown rice and sweet potato while they are hot!
Happy Brown Rice-Cooking!
I remember my parents cooking white rice with sweet potato when I was a little girl. The sweet potato is rich in Vitamin A. It has vitamins B6 and C, fiber and copper. A Chinese TV program I watched called it one of the best cancer-fighting vegetables. So I decided to cook the brown rice and sweet potato together. They have turned out to be a fabulous combination!
When I grew up in China, I had never heard of brown rice. I learned much later that people in China considered it food for the poor. One of my Chinese friends married a Canadian. He loved brown rice very much, but when my friend’s parents came from China for a visit, they were appalled when they saw their son-in-law eating brown rice. They thought their daughter married a poor man. They did not know he loved brown rice simply because it was delicious and nutritious.
There are many great benefits from eating brown rice. It is a wonderful source of vitamin B6, niacin, fiber, thiamine, manganese, phosphorus and copper. It also lowers cholesterol levels.
Need Assistance with our Services or Products?
Call Adele (210) 262-9305
Email Adele at firstname.lastname@example.org